Cellist Nina Kotova makes history with a recording of her own cello concerto and performs traditional Jewish works by Ernest Bloch and Max Bruch in a new Delos International recording that brings together the playful and the poignant, the light and the serious that is characteristic of her Russian musical heritage.
1. Prayer, From Jewish Life, No. 1 (4:05)
2. Schelomo – Hebraic Rhapsody for Cello and Orchestra (20:22)
3. Allegro ma non troppo (11:15)
4. Adagio (8:59)
5. Allegro con spirito (9:14)
6. Kol Nidrei – Adagio for Cello & Orchestra, Op 47 (9:46)